When choosing your food storage there is plenty to keep in mind in order to ensure that you are getting what is right for you. Consider why you want to prepare, and what you’re preparing for to better understand what you’ll need. We would recommend at least a 3 month supply to get started, and with our 25 year shelf life you know it’s worth the money.
1. Shelf Life: There are many benefits of investing in food with a long shelf life, not only will it last years to come, but it will save you money in the long-run. A lot of short-term food may seem cost effective at first, but with increasing food prices and rotation, it ends up costing you more. Look for food with a 25 year shelf life, like our #10 cans, and keep your family safe for over 20 years to come without the hassle of rotations. Longer shelf life foods are also ideal for disaster preparation, as there is no way to predict when exactly a crisis will hit home.
2. Easy Storage: Make sure your food supply does not have a lot of restrictions for storage. Our freeze dried foods do not need to be refrigerated and can last 25 years stored in a relatively cool, dark place like a basement or closet. Cans are compact and easy to store or grab in an emergency.
3. Taste: Keep in mind that you are choosing food you will have to survive off of, and enjoying the taste is just as important as getting the best price. Mountain House foods are well-known for their delicious, kid-approved taste. Freeze-dried to perfection, these foods are rich in flavor and nutrients.
4. Easy Preparation: In the midst of a disaster, grinding wheat and baking bread can be tedious and time-consuming. It is important to preserve all the energy you can in an emergency, which is why food that requires only simple preparation is ideal. Our freeze-dried foods are prepared in minutes by just adding water.
5. High Quality: Mountain House has been freeze drying food for over 50 years and is considered the gold standard in food storage, consistently America’s #1 choice. You can trust that the food you are buying is well-worth your penny, and appreciate the years of hard work put into getting you the best product available.
6. Reasons for Prepping: We all have our own reasons for stocking up with long-term food, and these reasons can determine how much or what kind of food we need. If you are simply looking to put together a basic supply, our canned entrees and breakfasts are the ways to go. If you want to be more thorough and ready for the long-haul, we offer the widest variety of foods with bundles and offers to choose from. Even if you only want a short-term single person supply, we have ala carte can or pouch options to help you fulfill your supply.
There are tons of options out there to choose from, and it can be easy to become overwhelmed. With all the new food companies out there, we urge you to stick with what America likes best: Mountain House. After 50 years the company has perfected food storage while other competitors can’t stack up. Rely on this delicious, high quality and long-term American home-grown food and invest in the gold standard of food storage.